Semillas is an organization that supports women’s groups and indigenous leaders with the common goal of improving the status of women in Mexico.
Semillas works with women who are seeking social change and justice:
- Indigenous leaders working to prevent maternal mortality
- Domestic employees fighting for legal protection
- Indigenous women running artisan cooperatives
- Factory (maquila) workers fighting for women to earn equal wages
- Indigenous women striving to attain land rights
What makes Semillas unique as a women’s fund is its capacity to invest in social change with more than just economic resources. By building a panorama of skills, knowledge, tools, and networks for its grantee partners, Semillas provides them with a foundation for achieving greater long-term equality and a more just society.
Visit the Semillas website here: http://semillas.org.mx